Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: WY2K- Drivers doesn´t work

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Goldio's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 26th, 2000
    Posts
    12
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Angry

    What?s up with my WY2K- Drivers?
    If I want to install my EWS under WY2K, the Synthesizer get a GetPnPConfigfailed.
    The E/A- Area ist ok, no conflict, but an exclamation marks.
    The Gameport and the Digital Control get an exclamation marks too, but the gameport ist switched off.
    My Codec and the Midi2 are working good and well, but I doesn?t hear any sound.

    And now....I do not know any longer further...

    Plz help me, the new operating system is really cool, but without sound...(fuck)

  2. #2
    Inactive Member KKu's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 19th, 2000
    Posts
    112
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    Have you used EWS64CFG in DOS mode? I mean it would be useful to boot your computer from f.e. Win98 boot disk and run EWS64CFG to set up your card. BEFORE THIS check W2K for what IRQ/IO/DMA settings are free and set your card to use these.

    I don't remember for sure, but I think I had this kind of problem with me and I solved it somehow... I'll check it when I get back home... :-)



    ------------------
    .KKu

  3. #3
    Inactive Member GD's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 10th, 2000
    Posts
    27
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hey Goldio! I have excactly the SAME problem with you!!! I would be greatful if you let me know if you find the solution.

    I really need the MIDI1 input and I hate Microsoft's virtual wavetable synthesis (reminds me of those awful SB16 days with a program which used samples stored on the hard disk which was REALLY CPU and memory hungry).

    Thanks,
    George

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Goldio's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 26th, 2000
    Posts
    12
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    lo all,
    yes i ?ve used EWS64CFG in DOS mode.
    i have w98II on my computer too. w98II needs from the ews following configuration:
    synth - plug?n-pray
    digital control - plug?n-pray
    midi2 - have to set(340/15)
    codec, gameport and control port are disabled.
    i?ve a ews64xxl (with microwave). the microwave is not supported, i know. but thats not the problem. the problem is, when i have this configuration below, the system under w98II run fantastic.
    but this configuration under wy2k, nothing works, really nothing.
    if i change the eeprom of the ews and turn on the hole card (codec on, synth on ...), it should be run, or?
    but it doesn?t! the codec is without an exclamation marks in the system, but it doesn?t work.
    the synth and the dig control have an exclamation marks. if i want to change the settings, i get an pnpfailed config.
    ohhhhhhh......
    !!!!thx for your help!!!!

  5. #5
    Inactive Member KKu's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 19th, 2000
    Posts
    112
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Exclamation

    Don't use PnP ... that's the way to ask for troubles. I use forced IRQs & stuff, that way I can B sure that those are settings I have checked to work. (No messed irqs with display etc.) I (personally) suggest that you use forced settings, but before doing that, check Win2K which IRQs, DMAs and I/Os
    are free.

    Anyway EVERYONE:
    http://www.sunpoint.net/~noize/ews64xl.htm

    There's information how I got my EWS working in Win2K.



    ------------------
    .KKu

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Goldio's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 26th, 2000
    Posts
    12
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Red face

    ok, i use plug?npray @ the beginning of the installation.
    but after that i switch the e/a ?s and the irq?s with hand on that place, where they don?t have any trouble.
    there is no conflict or anything else.

    i think the fault is my configuration of the ews and his eeprom. if the codec, the gameport and the control-port are switched of, the system can?t install the ews. but i?ve to hold my configuration because i need sound on my w98II os and if i change the config, it doesn?t work any longer....

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Goldio's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 26th, 2000
    Posts
    12
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Lightbulb

    lo all,

    ok, now it is created that it runs!
    It was quite different problem.
    If you have a newer mainboard, there is an adjustment possibility there, in which you can switch off a special plug'n play function. It use also one with restraint irq! Exact that be the point - switch it off, and u will see, that it works. The function called: ACPI
    Disabled it and it will work!

  8. #8
    Inactive Member GabrielGudenus's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 8th, 2000
    Posts
    1
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    Hy forum !

    i had the same troubles with the PnP config than you, but now i made everything you said, i can configure the devices but there is still this (!) and i hear nothing.

    I baught a complete new Computer and now after 3 weeks without sound it starts to annoy me a bit. I also tried to activate the codec that i can test at least if DVD is working. Now i Have the codec device, i can play midi and wave sounds, but i am not able to hear anything.

    Please help me, i love my Soundcard but there is not much fun if i have a hole great new computer without any sound.

    Thank You!
    Gabriel

    ------------------

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •